Thursday, December 13, 2012

Our holiday dining room

 

-------

This year I decided to do Paper whites

in galvanized buckets for the dining room centerpiece

with vintage sheet music used as a table runner.

I used glass bowls as liners

and tucked burlap around the edge to hide the bowls.

Once the Paper whites started

to grow and droop a little I tied them up with red and white

baker’s twine for a festive touch.

-------

DSC_0007

 

paperwhites 2

 

DSC_0015

 

DSC_0012

 

 

paperwhites3

-------

Have a great weekend!

Hope you will consider following me

on Google Friends Connect

or with the Linky follower option.

-------

14 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

Des,
So envious ! They look amazing!

Alice said...

Your dining room is lovely! I've never tried the paper whites because I never seem to start early enough. I'm an A+ procrastinator.

I love the elegant understated look--still festive but not overloaded.

I hope your Christmas is merry and bright.

Kelly said...

I love how you displayed your paperwhites! Adding the book pages and the little metal tubs to the mix is so pretty. I bet your dining room smells heavenly!

Olive said...

So beautiful Des.

sue in mexico mo said...

Great idea! I forgot to buy and plant paperwhites this year. I usually do them in old battery jars.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Beautiful Des! Can you believe I could not find paperwhites anywhere this year?

Anne said...

Des your dining room is gorgeous! And those paperwhites look amazing! WOW they are really growing!
xx
Anne

NanaNor's said...

Your dining room looks so charming and pretty! I also love your hutch-it is a beautiful piece. Have a great evening.
Noreen

wendy said...

gosh..how beautiful is all that

niartist said...

Gorgeous Des!!!!
You've been quite the busy bee! I see you reupholstered the dining room chairs! :)
Love all of it - simply stunning!

Fishtail Cottage said...

your table looks so pretty! love the look of paperwhites (mine just began to open) ~ but wish they smelled prettier! lol
~tracie

susan said...

Oh, Des...it's incredibly beautiful!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Lovely paper whites. Love the sheet paper as the runner, too! Hope you are having a great week!

Audrey said...

Love the paperwhites ... so sorry I did not plant some this year.
Blessings for 2014.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures